Sometimes it can be hard to hear from God, especially when we try to live faithfully on our own. My hope is that these words may be an encouragement. Know that as you travel along your own path, you are in good company.

"And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had." -Acts 2:44


Saturday, May 29, 2010

Reign in Me

I've been thinking lately about the passage in Matthew 6 that tells us not to worry but instead to "seek first his kingdom and his righteousness" (6:33). I wanted a little more explanation about what that looked like.

Using StumbleUpon, I found a site called Biblos.com that is amazing! It gave me a little more insight about this passage by explaining it a little differently. One of the commentaries said seeking the kingdom means letting God reign in our hearts. When I turn over control to him, then his righteousness covers me.

This website also gives the original Latin or Greek words in the passage, what they mean, and where else to find them, which can be really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment