Sometimes it can be hard to hear from God, especially when we try to live faithfully on our own. My hope is that these words may be an encouragement. Know that as you travel along your own path, you are in good company.

"And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had." -Acts 2:44


Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lavish Grace

My devotional yesterday (Matthew 20:1-16) was about showing grace in difficult situations so that people would know God's grace through my actions. Five minutes later, I had the opportunity to show grace, and I blew it.

My sister came home and discovered someone (me) had eaten her leftovers that she was saving. I had not known they were hers, but instead of just humbly apologizing, I got defensive, lashed back, and left upset and unforgiving. It would have helped if I could have just taken one minute to see from her perspective before automatically trying to defend mine.

We later talked and reconciled, but it still reminded me how much I still needed grace. Moments after reading about God's grace to us, I couldn't even show it to my sister, whom I love so much. How much greater must God's grace be to give it unconditionally and generously to his undeserving children like me.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely have faced that same need for grace this past semester. I am constantly reminded just how broken we are that we can't show love in the smallest of ways. Looking forward to the summer!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete