Sometimes it can be hard to hear from God, especially when we try to live faithfully on our own. My hope is that these words may be an encouragement. Know that as you travel along your own path, you are in good company.

"And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had." -Acts 2:44


Thursday, May 20, 2010

Despite Obstacles

The power of life and energy God gives us can help us grow - even through brick walls.
-Eduard Khegay (Moscow, Russia) The Upper Room May 20, 2010

"Whenever you face trials of any kind, consider it nothing but joy because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance." -James 1:2-3 (NRSV)

In his book The Last Lecture, Randy Pausch says brick walls only exist to show you how badly you want something. With God we know anything is possible. He wants to give us the power to grow in Him through the challenges we face.

Sometimes I struggle with my running performance when it doesn't measure up to what I want. It's a good reminder that I run for God, and not for myself. If like Paul says in Philippians that knowing Him more is all that matters, then my success in running doesn't come from hitting a certain time but rather through the growth that happens when I keep my face turned toward Him through every obstacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment