Sometimes it can be hard to hear from God, especially when we try to live faithfully on our own. My hope is that these words may be an encouragement. Know that as you travel along your own path, you are in good company.

"And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had." -Acts 2:44


Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Generous Spirit


Last night as my teammates and I left Carrabba's, we walked past a man sitting at the side of the road. One of the girls turned and offered him her take-out box with her left-over pizza. It was such a simple act but so full of kindness and generosity. It was like she didn't have to give it a second thought; it was just the obvious thing for her to do.

How great it is to notice goodness in other people. It makes me want to have that spirit of being so ready and willing to give to others that it becomes second nature. Maybe the more I'm filled with God's spirit, the more I will have his eyes to see opportunities like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment