Sometimes it can be hard to hear from God, especially when we try to live faithfully on our own. My hope is that these words may be an encouragement. Know that as you travel along your own path, you are in good company.

"And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had." -Acts 2:44


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

How Big is Our God

The other night, as I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed, I thought about how big God must be and how hard it is for me to even comprehend that. It was frustrating at first to realize that I don't give his greatness nearly the credit it deserves.

Then I started thinking about how maybe just acknowledging that God is so much bigger than I can grasp is all I can do.

In Mister God, This is Anna, five-year-old Anna explains that when we try to understand God, we make him small, and we decrease the difference between us. She says once we finally admit that we don't understand God at all, we give him the freedom to be who he really is, which the very meaning of love. At this point, he becomes his proper size (Fynn 174).

The idea that God is so great makes me appreciate even more how he makes himself small for me. He teaches me through ways I can understand, giving me just as much as my mind can handle at one time. He reveals himself to me in the small things. It's amazing how he knows just how to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment