Sometimes it can be hard to hear from God, especially when we try to live faithfully on our own. My hope is that these words may be an encouragement. Know that as you travel along your own path, you are in good company.

"And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had." -Acts 2:44


Monday, June 14, 2010

Forgiveness

Today I took longer that I expected buying groceries after work, and my roommates had to wait on me to go home. I felt so awful that they had to wait because I should have taken the bus and let them go home without me. I learned what to do for next time, but I still hated making them upset, annoyed, frustrated with me. What I wanted more than anything was to know they forgave me. I desperately wanted to do something for them in return for what happened. I felt indebted to them for putting my needs ahead of theirs.

Lately I've been trying to focus on others more than myself, especially with how to serve my roommates like Jesus served others. Today I ended up doing the exact opposite, and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

The experience reminded me of how little I realize the size of the debt Jesus paid for me, and how I should feel so much more indebted to him. I should want to give my whole life to him, just like I wanted to give something to my roommates whom I had wronged. It's amazing to think that God completely forgave me without me having to do anything. After feeling the incredible need for forgiveness from my roommates, I appreciated God's grace with a new perspective. Although I know I will keep making mistakes like this one, I can always depend on God to forgive me because he already has. I just cannot express what a relief this is, and I know I don't even comprehend it completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment