Sometimes it can be hard to hear from God, especially when we try to live faithfully on our own. My hope is that these words may be an encouragement. Know that as you travel along your own path, you are in good company.

"And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had." -Acts 2:44


Friday, June 11, 2010

Strength from Hope

Last night as I went to bed, I was feeling so worn out from this first week at Target. I read Isaiah 40, and the part that stood out to me most was how those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. It gave me such comfort to write down a list of my worries and then think about finding hope in God ease all of them. Although I was feeling down and unsettled, my spirit was lifted just by refocusing on God. It's funny how sometimes all it takes is turning my eyes from the "waves" around me to focus on him again so that I can keep walking on water toward him.

No comments:

Post a Comment