Sometimes it can be hard to hear from God, especially when we try to live faithfully on our own. My hope is that these words may be an encouragement. Know that as you travel along your own path, you are in good company.

"And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had." -Acts 2:44


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Guiding the Blind

On one of the running paths by the Mississippi River, I have frequently seen a blind man and his female friend taking a walk. I started thinking after I passed them about how the woman guides her friend, talking with him and enjoying the time together (at least I picture her enjoying it).

I found myself relating to the blind man's position in my relationship with God. He faithfully walks with me everyday. Because of my forgetfulness, we often walk the same paths of learning as he patiently guides me and teaches me. I don't like feeling blind, not knowing what is to come. I want to be in control.

I must admit, however, that I need God to guide me and keep me on the right path. Today I noticed the woman gently prod her friend as he strayed from their path. God constantly does the same with me, although sometimes it take more than just a small prod. He never leaves my side. As he walks with me, I get to enjoy the companionship of livng with him. The woman does not join her friend just to tell him where to go. From my point of view, it seemed like they desired the deepening of their relationship that came along with the time they spent walking with each other. In the same way, I get to enjoy growing closer to God while he guides me.

No comments:

Post a Comment