Sometimes it can be hard to hear from God, especially when we try to live faithfully on our own. My hope is that these words may be an encouragement. Know that as you travel along your own path, you are in good company.

"And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had." -Acts 2:44


Wednesday, September 15, 2010

God Alone Will Satisfy

Sometimes I crave peace and contentment and freedom so much, and I don't know how to find it. God has to keep reminding me that what I really crave is him.

Even something as small as taking a few minutes to read a passage of Scripture or to say a silent prayer of thanks can make such a difference. I think perhaps the real reason is that these times allow me to remember God's presence with me.

Today I was reading from one of my favorite books, The Pursuit of God by A.W.Tozer. He writes, "The Bible is not an end in itself, but a means to bring men to an intimate and satisfying knowledge of God, that they may enter into Him, that they may delight in His Presence, may taste and know the inner sweetness of the very God Himself in the core and center of their hearts" (9).

What a gift it is to thirst for God and to find satisfaction in nothing apart from him!

No comments:

Post a Comment