Sometimes it can be hard to hear from God, especially when we try to live faithfully on our own. My hope is that these words may be an encouragement. Know that as you travel along your own path, you are in good company.

"And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had." -Acts 2:44


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Needs"

Sometimes I forget how few things I really need.

Living in Minneapolis with a bike makes me more strategic about my shopping. Sometimes I can't get everything I need right away. I said "need" but I often come to find out that those things I thought I "needed" I can actually live just as well without.

I often struggle with spending money on things I don't actually need. It's so hard sometimes to decide what those things are. It seems that if I lived somewhere that limited my material possessions, I would be forced to make these decisions more often.

At the same time, I don't want spending to become consuming, like an idol where I focus too many thoughts and worries. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment